HARRISBURG, PA. – U.S. Marshal Michael R. Regan announced today that the U.S. Marshals Service (USMS) arrested Freddie Jones in York, Pennsylvania. Jones was being sought on an arrest warrant, dated April 1, 2010, and signed by Magisterial District Judge Lavon A. Postelle in Harrisburg.

During the evening hours of March 29, 2010, a shooting occurred in the area of Kittatinny and Hummel Streets in Harrisburg. The incident stemmed from an argument between two Philadelphia men, who had been visiting friends in Steelton, and the alleged shooter. The Harrisburg Bureau of Police responded to the crime scene. One of the victims, Vito Eskridge, 23 years old, was found dead at the scene. The second victim, 19 year old Kevin Aikens, was found with a gunshot wound to the head and suffering from a large amount of blood loss. Aikens was transported to the Hershey Medical Center, where he was hospitalized in critical condition. As a result of the police investigation, an arrest warrant was issued against Freddie Jones, charging him with the following offenses:

1 count of Criminal Homicide

1 count of Aggravated Assault – Causing Serious Bodily Injury

1 count of Criminal Attempt - Homicide

1 count of Carrying a Firearm without a License

1 count of Recklessly Endangering Another Person

The Harrisburg Bureau of Police requested the assistance of the U.S. Marshals Service to locate and apprehend Freddie Jones. This fugitive case was adopted by the U.S. Marshals Service Fugitive Task Force in the Middle District of Pennsylvania. On April 23, Crime Stoppers in Dauphin County received a tip on the possible whereabouts of Jones in York. U.S. Marshals and members of the Middle District of Pennsylvania Fugitive Task Force worked throughout the weekend to identify the target location.

On April 26 at 8:20AM, U.S. Marshals and task force officers made contact with the occupants of a house in the 700 block of Susquehanna Avenue in York. While at the front door, the fugitive was seen looking out a back window. U.S. Marshals had to force entry into the location. Jones was taken into custody without incident.

Jones was turned over to the York County Sheriffs’ Central Booking Unit, pending court proceedings and removal to Harrisburg.